Friday, September 10, 2010

Back to School Book of the Day: Will I Have a Friend?

Will I Have a Friend? (We Love First Grade!)Will I Have a Friend? [WILL I HAVE A FRIEND 2/E]



Will I Have a Friend?: "Jim's anxieties on his first day of school are happily forgotten when he makes a new friend." Note: This book was published in 1989 but updated in 2009.


Related Activities:
  • Friendship Artwork: Make a class mural to emphasize what friends can do together.
  • Make Friendship Fruit Salad by having everyone bring in a piece of fruit. Together, as  a class, wash and cut the fruit to make a fruit salad.
  • Make a friendship quilt - give each child a fabric or felt piece to decorate; sew (or ask a parent volunteer to sew) the squares together and display it in the classroom.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.