- Visit the Classic Fairy Tale page to find many fairy tale ideas, activities, and lesson plans.
- Add doll beds to block area (or housekeeping) and several "mattresses" (you can make them from felt or pieces of foam).
- Visit Scholastic's Teacher Guide on Discovering Fairy Tales.
- Have the children write or illustrate their own version of the story.
- Plant pea sprouts!
- Allow the children to to see peas still in their pods! They can shell the peas and eat them or use them in a recipe (like vegetable soup!)
- Read other books by Rachel Isadora such as The Twelve Dancing Princesses, Hansel and Gretel, or The Fisherman and His Wife.
Rain: Sam Usher
22 hours ago