Sunday, April 25, 2010

Memory Lane: Hodge Podge Lodge

This morning when I woke up, I had the memory of dream. I struggled to turn the fuzzy edges of the dream into a clear picture. I slowly began to remember the details of the dream: there was a little cabin in the woods where children came to learn about nature. The more I thought of this dream, the more it felt like deja vu. Was I ever in a cabin in the woods? I think not. I grew up in the city so I was trying to decide if this was a dream or a true memory. As I got out of bed and began my morning tasks, I had a sudden memory spark: HODGE PODGE LODGE. I kept repeating it in my head and the memories came spilling back of one of my FAVORITE shows from my early childhood. The show aired on Maryland Public Television in the 70s.

"We're off to the forest to see Ms. Jean. She lives in a house that is mostly green..." Oh my goodness...I LOVED that show. I found a great clip on You Tube but according to IMBD, most of the masters have been destroyed.

Growing up, I wanted to be a veterinarian. I ended up a preschool teacher. And maybe, somewhere in my young impressionable mind, Ms. Jean had something to do with my love of children and animals! (Imagine my surprise to find that Ms. Jean is on Facebook!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.