March comes in like a lion...and goes out (hopefully) like a lamb!
Hopefully, you have tried a few lion-related activities and are ready to welcome spring with a few of these lamb activities:
- Make lamb (or lion) paper bag puppets.
- Copy and scenes from Lamb (See How They Grow) and have children put them in sequential order.
- Make a "Signs of Spring" Chart: Cut a large sheet of bulletin board paper into the shape of a lamb. Each day allow children to add any signs of spring that they notice: warm weather, spring shower, flower buds, robins, etc.
- Have a "Welcome Spring" party on March 21 (first day of spring is Sunday, 3/20). Serve dirt cups!
- Visit a farm to see the sheep and lambs. Or you may be able to have a farmer come to visit your school and bring a lamb.