Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ten Books I Love to Read Aloud

Children love to hear a good story, almost as much as I love reading one! Here are some of my favorites that I enjoy reading aloud. What are your favorites?


 Purple, Green and Yellow (Annikins)
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom: Anniversary Edition

The Monster at the End of this Book (Big Little Golden Book)

The Napping House - 2000 publication

Alligator Baby

King Bidgood's In The Bathtub

Tikki Tikki Tembo

 The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and The Big Hungry Bear

Caps for Sale - A tale of a peddler, some monkeys, and their monkey business

Read my TIPS FOR READING ALOUD to children.
Read my TIPS FOR CHOOSING CHILDREN'S BOOKS.
Please share your favorite books to read aloud!

4 comments:

  1. There are so many great ones that I read to my first grade class. My students absolutely love Go Away, Big Green Monster. They read it over and over. It's also appropriate for preschool. As for me, I love all the Frog and Toad books as well as Arnold Lobel's other early chapter books (Owl at Home, Mouse Soup, etc.).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tips for reading aloud to children are great. It's hard to choose favorite read alouds. There are so many I love. I'd say my family's favorites from your list are 4, 7, and 9.
    If I had to choose a favorite today, it would be Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?
    Here's a post with a collection of favorite read alouds from a discussion I started. http://beginningreadinghelp.blogspot.com/2010/06/what-books-do-children-like-read-to.html
    I found you on LinkedIn. I'm following you now. You have a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I love Llama Llama Red Pajama as a read aloud. It's fun to get into all the llama drama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura - I love that one too. It was hard to pick 10. Every time I read this list, I think of other books I should have added!!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.