Other Books By Shel Silverstein:
- Learn about (what else...) giraffes. There are many great links:
- National Geographic For Kids
- San Diego Zoo
- Find a zoo that has a giraffe cam like Kid Zoo, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, or Marwell Wildlife Center. (Check for times and availability as webcams change often).
- Giraffe webcams, photos and videos.
- Giraffe information from Enchanted Learning and First School.
- Use a giraffe pattern to make puzzles (cutting the giraffe in 2 pieces to make halves, 3 pieces to make thirds).
- Make a list of rhyming words used in the book.
- Visit Shel Silverstein's website for great information, printables, and games.
- Make black and white drawings using large paper (water color paper works nicely) and black felt tipped markers.
- Invite someone in to play the flute for your class.
- Create some fraction activities related to the "halves" (ex, during snack time, break cookies in half).
- Read other silly books.
- Mark on a map or globe where giraffes live in Africa.
Other Giraffe Books: