Bad Kitty (who used to be a Good Kitty) was not happy when there was only Asparagus, Beets, Cauliflower and other healthy foods (all the way to zucchini) to eat. And thus begins this little kitty's adventure through the alphabet. This book might be a bit long for some children to absorb in one sitting, but chances are they will want to read this one again and again!
- Visit these blog links for other alphabet books and activities.
- Use the Bad Kitty Doll. Let children take Kitty home and write a story about what good or bad things Kitty did during the visit.
- These Lesson Guides have other great activities: Jen Duncan and Chalk Talk
- Make a Venn Diagram or chart comparing real cats and pretend cats.
- Tie the story into a unit on cats: CFA, Discovery Channel, Cool Cat Brain Teasers from National Geographic for Kids, and Cat Photographs from National Geographic for Kids,
- Make a class book that is inspired by the story such as, "Bad Doggy" or "Bad Bunny."
- Compare house cats to jungle cats.
More Books by Nick Bruel: